‘Lucretia’, a painting by one of The People’s Gallery members Tara Bush, has been chosen as the cover artwork for this month’s award winning Black Static magazine, well done Tara!
Lucretia is also part of the Oldham Open 2017, currently at Oldham Art Gallery ending at the end of November.
A reminder that we have members of The People’s Gallery that are currently exhibiting paintings as part of The Oldham Open 2017. Prints are available of all these paintings, please inquire by email or give us a call.
Members Cliff Murphy, Tara Bush, Gordon Clegg, Robert Lees and Kevin Haynes all had work accepted into the Open – here are some of their paintings:
Our new window display this month is by artist Les Heywood, his pastel works are shown here with our lead volunteer Hilary Cope.
There is also lots more to see inside the gallery, like these beautiful water-colour paintings by Sandra Crake, shown below:
Forget about politics for a night!
The new refurbished People’s Gallery will be having an open night with music and wine! All welcome: Friday 16th June, 5pm–9pm
There were some amazing artists at this years art fair at Woodend Studios, here are a few pictures from the event. (© Kiran Mistry)
Are you interested in learning to paint? We have two affordable painting classes here at The People’s Gallery Stalybridge, all are welcome!
- Oils & Acrylic class: £5.00 – Wednesday evenings 7pm till 9pm
- Watercolour class: £12.00 – Thursday mornings 10am till 12pm
Please contact Gordon Clegg on 07719 311 493
The People’s Gallery in Stalybridge is proud to announce that we will be re-launching in June 2017. This is a very exciting time for the gallery, and we welcome anyone who wants to pop in and browse round our friendly community gallery. All are welcome to come and take a look at all the wonderful art from local artists, that is constantly updating.
- To become an organic working gallery.
- To give artists of all levels the opportunity to display their work in a main street gallery alongside professional artists.
- Have a strong community base.
- Raise artists’ profiles.
- Promote art discussion.
- Connect with the wider contemporary art community.
- Have an atmosphere that is professional, dedicated and encouraging.
- Present a variety of art workshops and exhibitions.